What does NRT mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand NRT in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for NRT in other languages:
Select another language:
What does NRT mean?
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Nicotine replacement therapy is the remedial administration of nicotine to the body by means other than tobacco, usually as part of smoking cessation. Common forms of nicotine replacement therapy are nicotine patches and nicotine gum. The primary benefit of nicotine replacement therapy is that it prevents cravings in a smoker whilst allowing him to abstain from tobacco—and thus avoid the harmful effects of smoking. NRT enables the easier overcoming of nicotine addiction because it reduces the craving to smoke. The incidence of smoking after the use of nicotine replacement therapy is 1.5–2 times less than when therapy is not used.
Discuss this NRT abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
NRT also stands for:
- N. Ross Thompson
- Narita International Airport, Chiba, Japan
- National Recovery Technologies
- National Recreation Trail
- National Response Team
... and 40 more »