What does ISSN mean in Media?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ISSN in the Community field in general and in the Media terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ISSN in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ISSN mean?
- International Standard Serial Number
- An International Standard Serial Number is a unique eight-digit number used to identify a print or electronic periodical publication. Periodicals published in both print and electronic form may have two ISSNs, a print ISSN and an electronic ISSN. The ISSN system was first drafted as an ISO international standard in 1971 and published as ISO 3297 in 1975. The ISO subcommittee TC 46/SC 9 is responsible for the standard.
Discuss this ISSN abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ISSN also stands for:
- διεθνής αριθός τυποποίησης έκδοσης σειράς
- Individual Simple Standard Number
- International Standardized Serial Number
- Interstellar Synchronism Setup Noise
- Uluslararasi Standart Dizi Numarasi
... see them all »