What does ASME mean in Meteorology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ASME in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Meteorology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ASME in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ASME mean?
- ASME, founded as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, is a professional association that, in its own words, "promotes the art, science, and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around the globe" via "continuing education, training and professional development, codes and standards, research, conferences and publications, government relations, and other forms of outreach." ASME is thus an engineering society, a standards organization, a research and development organization, a lobbying organization, a provider of training and education, and a nonprofit organization. Founded as an engineering society focused on mechanical engineering in North America, ASME is today multidisciplinary and global. ASME has over 130,000 members in 158 countries worldwide. ASME was founded in 1880 by Alexander Lyman Holley, Henry Rossiter Worthington, John Edison Sweet and Matthias N. Forney in response to numerous steam boiler pressure vessel failures. Known for setting codes and standards for mechanical devices, ASME conducts one of the world's largest technical publishing operations, holds numerous technical conferences and hundreds of professional development courses each year, and sponsors numerous outreach and educational programs.
Discuss this ASME abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ASME also stands for:
- Always Something More To Eat
- American Society Of Materials Educators
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Standard Mechanical Engineer
- Association for the Study of Medical Education
... and 4 more »