What does AHR mean in US Government?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AHR in the Governmental field in general and in the US Government terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AHR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AHR mean?
- Ahr is a river in Germany, a left tributary of the Rhine. Its source is at an elevation of approximately 470 metres above sea level in Blankenheim in the Eifel, in the cellar of a timber-frame house near the castle of Blankenheim. After 18 kilometres it crosses from North Rhine-Westphalia into Rhineland-Palatinate. The Ahr flows through Ahr valley or Ahrtal, passing through the towns of Schuld, Altenahr and Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. Between Remagen and Sinzig, at about 50 m above sea level, it flows into the Rhine. The length is roughly 89 km, of which 68 km is within Rhineland-Palatinate. The Ahr has a gradient of 0.4% in its lower course, and 0.4-0.8% in its upper course. The Ahr and its tributaries are a main drainage system of the eastern Eifel. The watershed is approximately 900 km². There were isolated settlements in the Ahr valley beginning at the latest in Roman times, evidenced by the Roman villa near Ahrweiler. Owing to their isolated location, the upper and middle parts of the course were sparsely populated. That changed from the mid-19th century.
Discuss this AHR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AHR also stands for:
- Advanced Health Resources
- Allegheny Highlands Region
- American Haflinger Registry
- American Historical Review
- Ana Hurka Robles
... and 9 more »