What does FASA mean in Law & Legal?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand FASA in the Community field in general and in the Law & Legal terminology in particular.
Find a translation for FASA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does FASA mean?
- FASA Corporation is an American publisher of role-playing games, wargames and board games between 1980 and 2001, after which they closed operations for several years. They resumed operations in 2012. FASA first appeared as a Traveller licensee, producing supplements for that Game Designers' Workshop role-playing game, especially the work of the Keith Brothers. The company went on to establish itself as major gaming company with the publication of the first licensed Star Trek RPG, then several successful original games. Noteworthy lines included BattleTech and Shadowrun. Their Star Trek role-playing supplements and tactical ship game enjoyed popularity outside the wargaming community since, at the time, official descriptions of the Star Trek universe were not common, and the gaming supplements offered details fans craved. The highly successful BattleTech line led to a series of video games, some of the first virtual reality gaming suites, called Virtual World and a Saturday-morning animated TV series. Originally the name FASA was an acronym for "Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration", a joking allusion to the Marx Brothers film Duck Soup. This tongue-in-cheek attitude was carried over in humorous self-references in its games. For example, in Shadowrun, a tactical nuclear device was detonated near FASA's offices at 1026 W. Van Buren St in Chicago, Illinois.
Discuss this FASA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
FASA also stands for:
- Fábrica Automovilística, S. A.
- Family and Single Area
- Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act Of
- Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act of 1994
- Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
... and 23 more »