What does ANZA mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ANZA in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ANZA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ANZA mean?
- Anza is a series of shoulder-fired, man-portable surface-to-air missiles produced by Pakistan. Guided by an infra-red homing seeker, Anza is used for low level air defence. Anza is produced by Kahuta Research Laboratories, being one of the facility's main conventional weapons projects. Development was originally undertaken to eliminate dependence on importing expensive foreign systems. Various versions of the Anza are currently in service with the Pakistan Army, with the Mk-III version being the most recent. The Anza is also offered for export, Malaysia being its only known export customer after receiving 100 Anza Mk-I in 2002 and, later, a further 500 Anza Mk-II systems.
Discuss this ANZA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ANZA also stands for:
- Association of New Zealand Advertisers
- Australia and New Zealand Aviation
- Australia, New Zealand, and Africa
- Australian and New Zealand Association
... see them all »