What does WITA mean in Airport Codes?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand WITA in the Regional field in general and in the Airport Codes terminology in particular.
Find a translation for WITA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does WITA mean?
- WITA is a Christian radio station located in Knoxville, Tennessee. It broadcasts a Christian format with some conservative talk shows and news from the USA Radio Network. The call letters stand for "Witnessing In Tennessee Airwaves". In the late 1960s into the mid-1970s WITA was known as WROL, "Real Rock And Roll Radio." It was the only station in Knoxville playing album cuts from artists such as the Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead. In the mid-1970s the station switched format to top 40 as WKVQ, but found it difficult to compete with more powerful signals like WNOX-AM and WOKI-FM. By the late 70s the religious format had begun.
Discuss this WITA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
WITA also stands for:
- AM-1490, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Tapaktuan-Teuku Cut Ali, Indonesia
- Waktu Indonesia Tengah time [UTC + 0800]
- Washington International Trade Association
- Wisconsin Interpreting and Transliterating Assessment ( Sign Language Test)
... and 3 more »