What does MII mean in ASX Symbols?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MII in the Business field in general and in the ASX Symbols terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MII in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MII mean?
- MII was a professional analog recording videocassette format developed by Panasonic in 1986 as their answer and competitive product to Sony's Betacam SP format. It was technically similar to Betacam SP, using metal-formulated tape loaded in the cassette, and utilizing component video recording. MII is sometimes incorrectly referred to as M2; the official name uses Roman numerals, and is pronounced "em two". Just as Betacam SP was an improved version of its predecessor Betacam with higher video and audio quality, MII was an enhanced and improved version of its predecessor as well, the failed M format. There were two sizes of MII tape, the larger of which is close to VHS size and has a running time of up to around 90 minutes, the smaller tape was about half the size and runs up to around 20 minutes, and was also the size in which head cleaner tapes were supplied. Unlike M, MII was somewhat successful when it was first launched, with customers like NBC in the USA and NHK in Japan using it for electronic news gathering, and PBS in the USA using it in the late 1980s to delay their television network programming by 3 hours on broadcast delay for later airing on the West Coast.
Discuss this MII abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MII also stands for:
- Macroeconomic Instability Index
- Macromolecules and Interfaces Institute
- Made in India
- major industry identifier
- Malaysian Insurance Institute
... and 16 more »