What does ARDS mean in Medical?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ARDS in the field in general and in the Medical terminology in particular.
acute respiratory distress syndrome
Find a translation for ARDS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ARDS mean?
- adult respiratory distress syndrome, ARDS, wet lung, white lung(noun)
- acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales; inflammation of the lungs which become stiff and fibrous and cannot exchange oxygen; occurs among persons exposed to irritants such as corrosive chemical vapors or ammonia or chlorine etc.
Discuss this ARDS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ARDS also stands for:
- Action Replay game, for use with Nintendo DS system
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services
- Analysis of Rotor Dynamic Systems
- Annelacute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
... and 5 more »