What does ASIT mean in British Medicine?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ASIT in the Medical field in general and in the British Medicine terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ASIT in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ASIT mean?
- The Association of Surgeons in Training is an independent professional body and registered charity working to promote excellence in surgical training. It represents over 2,000 surgical trainees from all ten surgical specialities at both regional and national levels in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Founded in 1976 as a forum for Senior Registrars to meet socially and discuss issues around training, ASiT has grown substantially and continues to fulfil those objectives. ASiT has a voice on the Councils of the Royal Surgical Colleges in the United Kingdom and the Specialist Advisory Committees, in addition to many other Department of Health and NHS groups. ASiT collects input from both training organizations and the trainees, and works to improve communications between these groups whilst promoting excellence in surgical training. The organisation publishes recommendations for developing and improving surgical training, including the role of simulation. ASiT is independent to the Surgical Royal Colleges, and is run by trainees, for trainees. The ASiT committee are elected annually at the Annual General Meeting, held at the surgical conference.
Discuss this ASIT abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ASIT also stands for:
- Aboriginal Student Intake Test
- Adaptable Surface Interface Terminal
- Advanced Systematic Inventive Thinking
- Aes Sedai In Training
- Air Sea Interaction Tower
... and 6 more »