What does ISIS mean in Networking?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ISIS in the Computing field in general and in the Networking terminology in particular.
Intermediate System to Intermediate System
ISIS (also known as IS-IS) is an IGP (interior gateway protocol) routing protocol, designed for use within an administrative domain or network. ISIS is a link-state routing protocol which means it reliably floods link state information throughout a network of routers. Each ISIS router independently builds a database of the network's topology using the Dijkstra's algorithm to compute the best path through the network to a destination.
Find a translation for ISIS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ISIS mean?
- the ancient Egyptian goddess of fertility; sister and wife of Osiris.
Discuss this ISIS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ISIS also stands for:
- ολοκληρωένο σύστηα πληροφοριών στον τοέα των προτύπων
- I Slaughter Innocent Syrians
- I-series Student Information System
- ILOG Solution Implementation Standard
- Image and Scanner Interface Specification
... and 71 more »