What does UPR mean in Physiology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand UPR in the Medical field in general and in the Physiology terminology in particular.
Find a translation for UPR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does UPR mean?
- Unfolded Protein Response
- A cellular response to environmental insults that cause disruptions in PROTEIN FOLDING and/or accumulation of defectively folded protein in the ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM. It consists of a group of regulatory cascades that are triggered as a response to altered levels of calcium and/or the redox state of the endoplasmic reticulum. Persistent activation of the unfolded protein response leads to the induction of APOPTOSIS.
Discuss this UPR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
UPR also stands for:
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Uncontested Physical Research
- Undergraduate Program Requirements
- Unearned Premium Reserve
- Uniform Parish Regulations
... and 9 more »