What does MOPP mean in Prescription?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MOPP in the Medical field in general and in the Prescription terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MOPP in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MOPP mean?
- MOPP is a protective gear used by military personnel in a toxic environment, e.g., during a chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear strike: ⁕Mask carrier — Protects the mask from damage. It is usually worn as part of battle gear for easy access and usually contains a technical manual, extra filter, spare parts, chemical detection papers, and nerve agent antidote kits. ⁕Protective mask — Commonly referred to as a gas mask or pro mask. It is designed to filter harmful chemical and biological agents, as well as irradiated particles from the air to allow the wearer to breathe safely. No protective masks filter out gasses such as carbon monoxide, and in situations requiring that level of protection, external breathing apparatus is employed. ⁕Over garments — Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology Specially designed clothing to be worn over the normal uniform. These garments are designed to allow maximum airflow for cooling while keeping chemical and biological agents from reaching the skin of the wearer. Some are equipped with a charcoal lining to neutralize some agents. Military personnel often equip over garments with strips of M9 Detector Paper to identify chemical agents on the battlefield they might come in contact with.
Discuss this MOPP abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MOPP also stands for:
- Manual Of Policies and Procedures
- Manual Of Policy and Procedures
- Military Operational Protective Posture
- Mission Oiented Protective Posture
- Mission Oriented Protective Pants
... and 6 more »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine & prednisone on Amazon.com
- Search mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine & prednisone on Google