What does UNDP mean in United Nations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand UNDP in the Governmental field in general and in the United Nations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for UNDP in other languages:
Select another language:
What does UNDP mean?
- United Nations Development Programme
- The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP operates in 177 countries, working with nations on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and its wide range of partners. UNDP is an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP Administrator is the third highest-ranking official of the United Nations after the United Nations Secretary-General and Deputy Secretary-General. Headquartered in New York City, the UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from member nations. The organization has country offices in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity. Additionally, the UNDP works internationally to help countries achieve the Millennium Development Goals. Currently, the UNDP is one of the main UN agencies involved in the development of the Post-2015 Development Agenda. UNDP provides expert advice, training, and grant support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. To accomplish the MDGs and encourage global development, UNDP focuses on poverty reduction, HIV/AIDS, democratic governance, energy and environment, social development, and crisis prevention and recovery. UNDP also encourages the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women in all of its programmes.
Discuss this UNDP abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
UNDP also stands for:
- Programa de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo
- United National Democratic Party
- United Nations
- United Nations Development
- United Nations Development Program
... and 6 more »