What does PLO mean in Politics?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand PLO in the Governmental field in general and in the Politics terminology in particular.
Find a translation for PLO in other languages:
Select another language:
What does PLO mean?
- Palestine Liberation Organization, PLO(noun)
- a political movement uniting Palestinian Arabs in an effort to create an independent state of Palestine; when formed in 1964 it was a terrorist organization dominated by Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah; in 1968 Arafat became chairman; received recognition by the United Nations and by Arab states in 1974 as a government in exile; has played a largely political role since the creation of the Palestine National Authority
Discuss this PLO abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
PLO also stands for:
- Orthodox Liberal Party
- Pacific Launch Operation
- Palestine Liberation Organisation
- Palestine Liberation Organization
- Palestine Liberation Organization—
... and 25 more »