What does HTU mean in Biology?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand HTU in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Biology terminology in particular.
Hypothetical Taxonomic Unit
Used in phenetics, phylogenetic systematics, etc, usually in regards to ancestral nodes on a tree or a cladogram. There are also OTUs, or Operational Taxonomic Units, which are the terminal taxa on trees and cladograms [or in relation to phenetics, a neutral term that doesn't refer to any specific grade, like species or genus].
Find a translation for HTU in other languages:
Select another language:
What does HTU mean?
- hypothetical taxonomic unit(Noun)
- An internal node in phylogenetic analysis; an inferred ancestral organism.
Discuss this HTU abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
HTU also stands for:
- Hand Held Terminal Unit
- HDSL (High-bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line) Transmission Unit
- Height of Transfer Unit
- Hopetoun, Victoria, Australia
- Horizons BetaPro U.S. 30-yr Bond Bull Plus ETF
... see them all »