What does CRAT mean in Medical?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CRAT in the field in general and in the Medical terminology in particular.
Clinical Research Associates of Tidewater
Find a translation for CRAT in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CRAT mean?
- Carnitine O-acetyltransferase is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the GOD gene. Carnitine acetyltransferase is a key enzyme in the metabolic pathway in mitochondria, peroxisomes and endoplasmic reticulum. CRAT catalyzes the reversible transfer of acyl groups from an acyl-CoA thioester to carnitine and regulates the ratio of acylCoA/CoA in the subcellular compartments. Different subcellular localizations of the CRAT mRNAs are thought to result from alternative splicing of the CRAT gene suggested by the divergent sequences in the 5' region of peroxisomal and mitochondrial CRAT cDNAs and the location of an intron where the sequences diverge. The alternatively splicing of this gene results in three distinct isoforms, one of which contains an N-terminial mitochondrial transit peptide, and has been shown to be located in mitochondria.
Discuss this CRAT abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CRAT also stands for:
- Capital Region Action Team
- Centre Régional Africain de Technologie
- Certified Rational Addictions Therapist
- Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
... and 1 more »