What does ASB mean in Law & Legal?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ASB in the Community field in general and in the Law & Legal terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ASB in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ASB mean?
- Anti-social behaviour
- Anti-social behaviour is behaviour that lacks consideration for others and may cause damage to the society, whether intentionally or through negligence. This is opposed to pro-social behaviour, which is behaviour that helps or benefits the society. Criminal and civil laws in various countries attempt to offer remedies for anti-social behaviour. Anti-social behaviour is labelled as such when it is deemed contrary to prevailing norms for social conduct. This encompasses a large spectrum of actions. Murder, rape, use of illegal substances, and a wide variety of activities are deemed anti-social behaviours. In addition to actions that oppose established law, anti-social actions also include activities that members of society ﬁnd objectionable even if they are legal, such as drunkenness and sexual promiscuity. In psychiatry, particularly in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, persistent anti-social behaviour is part of a diagnosis of anti-social personality disorder. The ICD-10 defines a conceptually similar dissocial personality disorder.
Discuss this ASB abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ASB also stands for:
- A Small Beginning
- Accessions Support Brigade
- Accounting Standards Board
- Actuarial Standards Board
- Administrative Services Branch
... and 57 more »