What does SCIP mean in Networking?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand SCIP in the Computing field in general and in the Networking terminology in particular.
Find a translation for SCIP in other languages:
Select another language:
What does SCIP mean?
- Secure Communications Interoperability Protocol
- The Secure Communications Interoperability Protocol is a multinational standard for secure voice and data communication. SCIP derived from the US Government Future Narrowband Digital Terminal project after the US offered to share details of FNBDT with other nations in 2003. SCIP supports a number of different modes, including national and multinational modes which employ different cryptography. Many nations and industries develop SCIP devices to support the multinational and national modes of SCIP. SCIP has to operate over the wide variety of communications systems, including commercial land line telephone, military radios, communication satellites, Voice over IP and the several different cellular telephone standards. Therefore it was designed to make no assumptions about the underlying channel other than a minimum bandwidth of 2400 Hz. It is similar to a dial-up modem in that once a connection is made, two SCIP phones first negotiate the parameters they need and then communicate in the best way possible. US SCIP or FNBDT systems were used since 2001, beginning with the CONDOR secure cell phone. The standard is designed to cover wideband as well as narrowband voice and data security.
Discuss this SCIP abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
SCIP also stands for:
- Isla de Pascua Mataveri, Chile
- Safe Communities Incentive Program
- Scattered Cooperative Infill Program
- School And Community Intervention Program
- School Community Intervention Program
... and 16 more »