What does GIO mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand GIO in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for GIO in other languages:
Select another language:
What does GIO mean?
- GIO is a computer bus standard developed by SGI and used in a variety of their products in the 1990s as their primary expansion system. GIO was similar in concept to competing standards such as NuBus or PCI, but saw little use outside SGI and severely limited the devices available on their platform as a result. Most devices using GIO were SGI's own graphics cards, although a number of cards supporting high-speed data access such as Fibre Channel and FDDI were available from third parties. Later SGI machines use the XIO bus, which is laid out as a computer network as opposed to a bus.
Discuss this GIO abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
GIO also stands for:
- General Insurance Ombudservice
- Get It On
- Global Innovation Outlook
- Government Information Office
- Government Insurance Office
... see them all »