EMACS is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for EMACS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does EMACS mean?
- A particular visual or WYSIWYG text editor (first written by Richard Stallman in 1975 but since reimplemented by others in several distinct versions), distinguished by its use of control characters as editing commands, by its lack of distinct "insert" and "edit" modes, and by its featurefulness and extensibility.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
EMACS also stands for:
- Easily Mangles Aborts Crashes And Stupifies
- Editor MACroS
- Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping
- Eight Megs And Continuously Swapping
- Eighty Megs And Constantly Swapping
... and 11 more »