What does QWEST mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand QWEST in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for QWEST in other languages:
Select another language:
What does QWEST mean?
- Qwest Communications International, Inc. was a large United States telecommunications carrier. Qwest provided local service in 14 western U.S. states: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. On April 22, 2010, CenturyLink announced it would acquire Qwest in a 0.1664 shares of CenturyLink common stock for each share of Qwest common stock transaction. The merger closed on April 1, 2011. Qwest began doing business as CenturyLink in August 2011. Qwest provided voice, Internet backbone data services, and digital television in some areas. It operated in three segments: Wireline Services, Wireless Services, and Other Services. The Wireline Services segment provided local voice, long distance voice, and data and Internet services to consumers, businesses, and wholesale customers, as well as access services to wholesale customers. The Wireless Services segment was achieved by a partnership with Verizon Wireless. Qwest also partnered with DirecTV to provide digital television service to its customers. In Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, Boise, and Omaha, Qwest offered Qwest Choice TV.
Discuss this QWEST abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
QWEST also stands for:
- Qualified With Every Spiritual Thing
- Qualified Worst Ever Service Teams
- Quality Work Employability Skills and Training
- Quonset Wind Energy and Surface Transportation
... see them all »