What does TEAMS mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand TEAMS in the Business field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for TEAMS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does TEAMS mean?
- TEAMS is an initiative spearheaded by the government of Kenya to link the country to the rest of the world through a submarine fibre optic cable. It was first proposed as an alternative to EASSy, the East African Submarine Cable System. The Kenyan government had grown frustrated with the ownership model favoured by South Africa, the time it was taking and what it perceived as an attempt by South Africa to control the cable. As a result, in November 2006, the Kenyan government decided to partner with the Emirates Telecommunication Establishment to build its own fibre optic cable. Although the Kenyan government has decided to pursue their own fibre optic cable, they are still committed to EASSy.
Discuss this TEAMS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
TEAMS also stands for:
- Tactical Employment And Maritime Support
- Tax Exemption Administrative Management System
- Teachers for Elementary And Middle Schools
- Teaching Educators Advance Mathematics and Science
- Teaching Enhancements Affecting Minority Students
... and 12 more »