What does ADSW mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ADSW in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ADSW in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ADSW mean?
- active duty for special work
- A tour of active duty for reserve personnel authorized from military and reserve personnel appropriations for work on active or reserve component programs. This includes annual screening, training camp operations, training ship operations, and unit conversion to new weapon systems when such duties are essential. Active duty for special work may also be authorized to support study groups, training sites and exercises, short-term projects, and doing administrative or support functions. By policy, active duty for special work tours are normally limited to 179 days or less in one fiscal year. Tours exceeding 180 days are accountable against active duty end strength.
Discuss this ADSW abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ADSW also stands for:
- Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week
- Active Duty Special Work
- Art Deco Society of Washington
- Association of Directors of Social Work
... see them all »