What does ORI mean in Firms?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ORI in the Business field in general and in the Firms terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ORI in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ORI mean?
- The Ori are fictional characters in the science fiction television series, Stargate SG-1. They are a group of "ascended" beings who use their advanced technology and knowledge of the universe to attempt to trick non-ascended humans into worshipping them as gods. They first appeared in the ninth season of Stargate SG-1, replacing the Goa'uld as the show's primary antagonists. While the Goa'uld relied on stolen technology from other civilizations to pose as gods, the Ori also have paranormal abilities in addition to very advanced technology. As Ascended beings, they live on a higher plane of existence with great power and knowledge and are as close to being "gods" as any non-deific being can be. The Ori fabricated a religion called Origin, which they use in an attempt to control non-ascended beings. The Ori also attempt to destroy any planets and civilizations that reject Origin. A central theme in the show is that power does not make someone a god nor entitle them to be worshipped; rather, the way they use great power is the measure of how they should be honored.
Discuss this ORI abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ORI also stands for:
- Ocean Research Institute
- Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo
- Office of Research Integrity
- Office Resources, Incorporated
- Oficina De Relaciones Internacionales
... and 14 more »