What does OSCE mean in United Nations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand OSCE in the Governmental field in general and in the United Nations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for OSCE in other languages:
Select another language:
What does OSCE mean?
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe is the world's largest security-oriented intergovernmental organization. Its mandate includes issues such as arms control and the promotion of human rights, freedom of the press and fair elections. It has 550 headquarters staff and about 2300 field staff. The OSCE is concerned with early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation. Its 57 participating states are located in Europe, Asia and North America and cover most of the land area of the Northern Hemisphere. It was created during the Cold War era as an East-West forum.
Discuss this OSCE abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
OSCE also stands for:
- Delegazione presso l'Assemblea parlamentare dell'OSCE
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination
- Objective Structured Clinical Examinations
- Office of Child Support Enforcement
- Open Space Conservation Easement
... and 8 more »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe on Amazon.com
- Search Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe on Google