What does MAME mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MAME in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MAME in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MAME mean?
- MAME is an emulator application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms. The intention is to preserve gaming history by preventing vintage games from being lost or forgotten. The aim of MAME is to be a reference to the inner workings of the emulated arcade machines; the ability to actually play the games is considered "a nice side effect". The first public MAME release was on February 5, 1997, by Nicola Salmoria. The emulator now supports over seven thousand unique games and ten thousand actual ROM image sets, though not all of the supported games are playable. The project is currently maintained by MESS project leader, Miodrag Milanovic.
Discuss this MAME abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MAME also stands for:
- Major Achievement in Marketing Excellence
- Manga Animes Modern Enthusiasts
- Missile And Munitions Evaluation
- Mobile America Corporation of Florida
- Muliple Arcade Machine Emulator
... and 6 more »