What does VESA mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand VESA in the Business field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for VESA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does VESA mean?
- VESA is an international standards body for computer graphics formed in 1988 by NEC Home Electronics, maker of the MultiSync monitor line, and eight video display adapter manufacturers: ATI Technologies, Genoa Systems, Orchid Technology, Renaissance GRX, STB Systems, Tecmar, Video 7 and Western Digital/Paradise Systems. VESA's initial goal was to produce a standard for 800×600 SVGA resolution video displays. Since then VESA has issued a number of standards, mostly relating to the function of video peripherals in personal computers. In November 2010, VESA announced a cooperative agreement with the Wireless Gigabit Alliance for sharing technology expertise and specifications to develop multi-gigabit wireless DisplayPort capabilities. DisplayPort is a VESA technology that provides digital display connectivity.
Discuss this VESA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
VESA also stands for:
- Very Early Surgical Abortion
- VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) Unified Graphics Architecture
- Victoria Emergency Service Association
- Video Electronic Standard Association
- Virginia ESL (English as a Second Language) Supervisors Association
... see them all »