What does DII mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand DII in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for DII in other languages:
Select another language:
What does DII mean?
- defense information infrastructure
- The shared or interconnected system of computers, communications, data applications, security, people, training, and other support structures serving Department of Defense (DOD) local, national, and worldwide information needs. The defense information infrastructure connects DOD mission support, command and control, and intelligence computers through voice, telecommunications, imagery, video, and multimedia services. It provides information processing and services to subscribers over the Defense Information Systems Network and includes command and control, tactical, intelligence, and commercial communications systems used to transmit DOD information. Also called DII. See also global information infrastructure; information; infrastructure; national information infrastructure.
Discuss this DII abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
DII also stands for:
- Decorator Industries, Inc.
- Deposits Investments And Insurance
- División de Inteligencia Interna
- Dorel Industries Inc.
- Dreaming In Ink
... and 2 more »