What does CCNA mean in General?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CCNA in the Computing field in general and in the General terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CCNA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CCNA mean?
- CCNA is a certification from Cisco. CCNA certification is a first-level Cisco Career certification. CCNA certification validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. To achieve CCNA certification, one must earn a passing score on Cisco exam #640-802, or combined passing scores on both the ICND1 #640-822 and ICND2 #640-816 exams. Passing the ICND1 grants one the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician certification. Passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. At the completion of the exam, candidates receive a score report along with a score breakout by exam section and the passing score for the given exam. Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. The 640-802 CCNA is the composite exam associated with the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network. The topics include connecting to a WAN; implementing network security; network types; network media; routing and switching fundamentals; the TCP/IP and OSI models; IP addressing; WAN technologies; operating and configuring IOS devices; extending switched networks with VLANs; determining IP routes; managing IP traffic with access lists; establishing point-to-point connections; and establishing Frame Relay connections.
Discuss this CCNA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CCNA also stands for:
- Calgary Community Network Association
- Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging
- Christian Church of North America
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Consultant Competitive Negotiation Act
... and 1 more »