GEOS is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for GEOS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does GEOS mean?
- GEOS was one of the Big Four private eikaiwa, or English conversation teaching companies, in Japan. Its extensive network of overseas schools made it the world's largest language school chain. The firm went into bankruptcy in Japan on 20 April 2010. Its headquarters were in the Shin Osaki Kangyo Building in Shinagawa, Tokyo. GEOS, which stands for Global Education Opportunities and Services, was formed in 1973 by Tsuneo Kusunoki. The first school was based in Tokushima City, Tokushima Prefecture, Japan, also the location of one of the company's main registered offices. The company had regional head offices in Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, and Fukuoka. The GEOS Eikaiwa group also ran children-only schools called "Kodomo Schools" throughout Japan. The adult GEOS Eikaiwa Schools had themselves taken on more classes for children. As of February 2007, GEOS had a total of around 500 "Kodomo" and adult schools in Japan and over 55 schools in countries outside of Japan. The main language GEOS Eikaiwa taught in Japan and its overseas schools wasEnglish. Other languages taught at GEOS include, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese and Korean. GEOS Eikaiwa also taught Japanese to foreigners living in Japan at their Kudan Japanese Culture, Research Center and Language Institute in Kudanshita, Tokyo GEOS Eikaiwa used a one-teacher system it calls "Tanninsei" where students keep the same teacher for an extended period of time and advertised this system as having benefits of promoting continuity and strong teacher-student relationship.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
GEOS also stands for:
- General Earthquake Observation System
- Genetic Engineering Operating System
- Geodynamics Experimental Ocean Satellite
- Geometry Engine Open Source
- Geosynchronous Earth Orbit Satellite
... and 4 more »