What does VAH mean in State & Local?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand VAH in the Governmental field in general and in the State & Local terminology in particular.
Find a translation for VAH in other languages:
Select another language:
What does VAH mean?
- The Váh is the longest river in Slovakia. A left tributary of the Danube river, the Váh is 406 km long, including its Čierny Váh branch. Its two sources, the Biely Váh and the Čierny Váh, are located in the High Tatras and Low Tatra mountains, respectively, and it flows over northern and western Slovakia and finally feeds into the Danube near Komárno. The left tributaries are Demänovka, Revúca, Ľubochnianka, Turiec, Rajčanka and Nitra rivers, and the right tributaries are Belá, Orava, Varínka, Kysuca, Biela voda, Vlára, Dubová, Dudváh and Malý Dunaj rivers. In late medieval time it was a property of Stibor of Stiboricz and his son Stibor of Beckov of the Clan of Ostoja. It includes canals, artificial dams and 16 hydropower stations, whose construction started in the 1930s and increased after World War II. The main Slovak limited-access motorway is situated along the Váh, as well as the main railway Bratislava - Žilina - Košice.
Discuss this VAH abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
VAH also stands for:
- Heavy Attack Naval Air Squadron
- Valley Animal Hospital
- Veteran's Administration Hospital
- Village of Arts and Humanities
- Virgin Australia Holdings Limited
... and 2 more »