TEMA is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for TEMA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does TEMA mean?
- Tema is a town on the Atlantic coast of Ghana. It is located 25 kilometres east of the national capital, Accra, in the region of Greater Accra, and is the capital of the Tema Metropolitan District. As of 2013, Tema is the eleventh most populous settlement in Ghana, with a population of approximately 161,612 people – a marked decrease from its 2005 figure of 209,000. The Greenwich Meridian passes directly through the city. Tema is locally nicknamed the "Harbour Town" because of its status as Ghana's largest seaport. Tema is a town constructed on the site of a small fishing village, Tema was commissioned by Ghana's first president, Kwame Nkrumah, and grew rapidly after the construction of a large harbour in 1961. It is now a major trading center, home to an oil refinery and numerous factories, and is linked to Accra by a highway and railway. Tema is one of Ghana's two deep seaports, the other being Sekondi-Takoradi.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
TEMA also stands for:
- Terrain Evaluation Module
- Test Evaluation Matrix
- Time Extended Measurement Algorithm
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
- Training, Education, and Mutual Assistance
... and 1 more »