What does BESS mean in Physics?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand BESS in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Physics terminology in particular.
Find a translation for BESS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does BESS mean?
- BESS is a particle physics experiment carried by a balloon. BESS stands for Balloon-borne Experiment with Superconducting Spectrometer. It is in fact a series of experiments that started in 1993, and its current incarnation, BESS-Polar, was circling the Antarctic from December 13 to December 21, 2004, for a total of 8 days 17 hours and 2 minutes. This joint Japanese and American project is supported by the Laboratory for High Energy Astrophysics at NASA's GSFC and the KEK.
Discuss this BESS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
BESS also stands for:
- Balloon-borne Experiment with a Superconducting Spectrometer
- Basic Echo Synchronizing System
- Battery Energy Storage System
- Benefits Eligibility Screening Services
- Bilston And Ettingshall Sure Start
... and 4 more »