What does NASCAR mean in Professional Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand NASCAR in the Business field in general and in the Professional Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for NASCAR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does NASCAR mean?
- The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing is a family-owned and -operated business venture that sanctions and governs multiple auto racing sports events. It was founded by Bill France, Sr. in 1947–48. As of 2009, the CEO for the company is Brian France, grandson of Bill France, Sr. NASCAR is the largest sanctioning body of stock car racing in the United States. The three largest racing series sanctioned by NASCAR are the Sprint Cup Series, the Nationwide Series, and the Camping World Truck Series. It also oversees NASCAR Local Racing, the Whelen Modified Tour, the Whelen All-American Series, and the NASCAR iRacing.com Series. NASCAR sanctions over 1500 races at over 100 tracks in 39 US states and Canada. NASCAR has presented exhibition races at the Suzuka and Motegi circuits in Japan, Mexico, and Calder Park Raceway in Australia. NASCAR's headquarters are located in Daytona Beach, Florida, although it also maintains offices in four North Carolina cities; Charlotte, Mooresville, Concord, and Conover. Regional offices are also located in New York City, Los Angeles, Bentonville, Arkansas, and international offices in Mexico City and Toronto. Additionally, owing to its Southern roots, all but a handful of NASCAR teams are still based in North Carolina, especially near Charlotte.
Discuss this NASCAR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
NASCAR also stands for:
- A Non Affiliated Stock Car Auto Racing
- National Association For Sometimes Changing All Rules
- National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
- National Association For Stock Car Automobile Racing
- National Association of Scary Cars At Races
... and 25 more »