What does ACFM mean in Unit Measures?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ACFM in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unit Measures terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ACFM in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ACFM mean?
- Actual cubic feet per minute
- Actual cubic feet per minute is a unit of volumetric capacity. It is commonly used by manufacturers of blowers and compressors. This is the actual gas delivery with reference to inlet conditions, whereas cubic foot per minute is an unqualified term and should only be used in general and never accepted as a specific definition without explanation. Since the volumetric capacity refers to the volume of air or other gas at the inlet to the unit, it is often referred to as "inlet cubic feet per minute". Actual cubic feet per minute is the volume of gas flowing anywhere in a system independent of its density. If the system were moving air at exactly the "standard" condition, then ACFM would equal Standard cubic feet per minute. However, this usually is not the case as the most important change between these two definitions is the pressure. To move air, either a positive pressure or a vacuum must be created. When positive pressure is applied to a standard cubic foot of air or other gas, it gets smaller. When a vacuum is applied to a standard cubic foot of gas, it expands. The volume of gas after it is pressurized or rarefied is referred to as its "actual" volume.
Discuss this ACFM abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ACFM also stands for:
- Accredited Counter Fraud Manager
- Adobe Composite Font Metrics
- Adobe Composite Font Metrics file
- Advanced Coal Flow Measurement
- Advisory Committee for Fisheries Management
... and 6 more »