What does MAAG mean in Military?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand MAAG in the Governmental field in general and in the Military terminology in particular.
Find a translation for MAAG in other languages:
Select another language:
What does MAAG mean?
- Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Military Assistance Advisory Group is a designation for American military advisers sent to other countries to assist in the training of conventional armed forces and facilitate military aid. Although numerous MAAG's operated around the world throughout the 1940's-1970's, the most famous MAAG's were those active in Southeast Asia before and during the Vietnam War. Typically, the personnel of MAAG's were considered to be technical staff attached to, and enjoying the privileges of, the US diplomatic mission a country. Though the term is not as widespread as it once was, the functions performed by MAAG's continue to be performed by successor organizations attached to embassies, often called United States Military Groups. The term MAAG may still occasionally be used for such organizations helping promote military partnerships with several Latin American countries such as Peru and the Dominican Republic as well as in African countries such as Liberia.
Discuss this MAAG abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
MAAG also stands for:
- Medical Audit Advisory Group
- Military Assistance and Advisory Group
- Multidisciplinary Audit Advisory Group
... see them all »