What does CATS mean in Sports?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand CATS in the Community field in general and in the Sports terminology in particular.
Find a translation for CATS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does CATS mean?
- Cats is a musical composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot. The musical tells the story of a tribe of cats called the Jellicles and the night they make what is known as "the Jellicle choice" and decide which cat will ascend to the Heaviside Layer and come back to a new life. Cats also introduced the song standard "Memory". Directed by Trevor Nunn and choreographed by Gillian Lynne, Cats first opened in the West End in 1981 and then with the same creative team on Broadway in 1982. It won numerous awards, including Best Musical at both the Laurence Olivier Awards and the Tony Awards. The London production ran for twenty-one years and the Broadway production ran for eighteen years, both setting new records. Actresses Elaine Paige and Betty Buckley became particularly associated with the musical. One actress, Marlene Danielle, performed in the Broadway production for its entire run. Cats is the second longest-running show in Broadway history, and the fourth longest-running West End musical. It has been performed around the world many times and has been translated into more than 20 languages. In 1998, Cats was turned into a made-for-television film.
Discuss this CATS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
CATS also stands for:
- Calm After The Storm
- Canadian American ticlopidine study
- Canadian Archipelago Throughflow Study
- Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons
- Canned Artichokes Taste Sour
... and 74 more »