What does LIONS mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand LIONS in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for LIONS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does LIONS mean?
- The Lions, known as the Cats between the 1998 and 2006 seasons, are a South African professional Rugby union football team who competed in the Super Rugby competition. They have not achieved great success in the competition, finishing at the bottom of the table six times. However, they have managed to reach the semifinal stage twice. The Lions play in a red and white strip. The team faced relegation from the Super 14 after the Southern Spears won a court ruling that they be included in the competition in place of the lowest ranked South African team in the 2006 competition. However, the Spears and the country's national federation, the South African Rugby Union, reached a settlement of their legal case. By the terms of the settlement, announced on November 16, 2006, the financially troubled Spears abandoned their case. However, as the Lions finished bottom for the 2012 Super Rugby table they were replaced in the 2013 competition by the Southern Kings. The Lions will have the opportunity to regain a place in the 2014 Super Rugby tournament, playing a two leg playoff against the South African team that finishes bottom in the 2013 Super Rugby season.
Discuss this LIONS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
LIONS also stands for:
- Leftist Independent Online News Sources
- Liberty Intelligence And Our National Safety
- Liberty Intelligence And Our Nations Safety
- Liberty Intelligence Our Nation S
- Liberty Intelligence Our Nations And Safety
... and 5 more »