What does PEDA mean in Professional Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand PEDA in the Business field in general and in the Professional Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for PEDA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does PEDA mean?
- Peda, Pheda or Pera is a sweet from the Indian subcontinent, usually prepared in thick, semi-soft pieces. The main ingredients are khoa, sugar and traditional flavorings, including cardamom seeds, pistachio nuts and saffron. The color varies from a creamy white to a caramel colour. The word pera is also generically used to mean a blob of any doughy substance, such as flour or khoa. Origin of Peda may be credited to the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, and the variety from the city of Mathura in that state was considered to be the best. Simultaneously, another origin, practice of Peda making, some unique varieties, and spread of this tradition may be attributed to the province of Saurashtra of Gujarat and its centers like Sihor, Rajkot, Palitana and Bhavnagar as well. Tradition and practice of Peda making can be traced back to late 1800s in Sihor while it picking up momentum in 20th century. Along with Rajkot and Bhavnagar now, there are several distinct varieties of Peda, originating from different centers of Saurashtra. In Gujarat, Pedas are called and pronounced as Penda : પેંડા
Discuss this PEDA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
PEDA also stands for:
- Pennsylvania Economic Development Association
- Pennsylvania Energy Development Authority
- Pittsfield Economic Development Authority
- Pittsfield Economic Development Authority's
- Psychology Educator Development Association
... and 2 more »