What does APGAR mean in Hospitals?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand APGAR in the Medical field in general and in the Hospitals terminology in particular.
Find a translation for APGAR in other languages:
Select another language:
What does APGAR mean?
- Apgar Village is one of the main villages in Glacier National Park. Apgar is located on the west side of the park about one mile in from the West Entrance. Apgar has one of the most popular campgrounds in Glacier Park, and is always quite filled. Apgar Village is also home to a visitors' center, a general store, and a large gift shop. Apgar Village is also the starting point for almost all Red Jammer bus tours on the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Apgar's campground is connected to the village by a road, and a bike path through the woods, in which smaller wildlife can be seen. Though Grizzly bears have been seen close to camp. Apgar Village takes its name from Milo Apgar, an early settler in the Lake McDonald area. In the 1890s, Apgar along with Frank Geduhn and Charlie Howe built homes at the lower end of the lake with the intention of farming the area. Farming proved impractical, so they and other settlers quickly became involved in servicing tourists visiting the park. As these services increased, the village that grew up around them gained the name Apgar. Apgar Village also has two small hotel buildings, operated by the same company.
Discuss this APGAR abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
APGAR also stands for:
- Adaptation, Partnership, Growth, Affection, and Resolve
- Appearance Pulse Grimace (reflex) Activity Respiration
... see them all »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search Activity, Pulse, Grimace, Appearance, and Respiration on Amazon.com
- Search Activity, Pulse, Grimace, Appearance, and Respiration on Google