What does VARS mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand VARS in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for VARS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does VARS mean?
- Valyl-tRNA synthetase is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the VARS gene. Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases catalyze the aminoacylation of tRNA by their cognate amino acid. Because of their central role in linking amino acids with nucleotide triplets contained in tRNAs, aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases are thought to be among the first proteins that appeared in evolution. The protein encoded by this gene belongs to class-I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase family and is located in the class III region of the major histocompatibility complex.
Discuss this VARS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
VARS also stands for:
- Vaughn Agricultural Research Services, Ltd.
- Vending Activity Reporting System
- Vendor Automated Reporting System
- Victim Assistance And Relief Services
- Voice Announcement And Recording System
... see them all »