What does NAACP mean in Non-Profit Organizations?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand NAACP in the Community field in general and in the Non-Profit Organizations terminology in particular.
Find a translation for NAACP in other languages:
Select another language:
What does NAACP mean?
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is an African-American civil rights organization in the United States, formed in 1909. Its mission is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination". Its name, retained in accordance with tradition, uses the once common term colored people. The NAACP bestows the annual Image Awards for achievement in the arts and entertainment, and the annual Spingarn Medals for outstanding positive achievement of any kind, on deserving black Americans. It has its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland.
Discuss this NAACP abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
NAACP also stands for:
- National Association of Always Complaining People
- Negroes Against American Conservative Party
- Niggers Against All Caucasian People
- Noisy Agitators Always Causing problems
- Now Apes Are Called People
... see them all »
Nearby & related abbreviations:
- Search National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Amazon
- Search National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Google