What does ODI mean in International Business?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand ODI in the Business field in general and in the International Business terminology in particular.
Find a translation for ODI in other languages:
Select another language:
What does ODI mean?
- One Day International
- A One Day International is a form of limited overs cricket, played between two teams with international status, in which each team faces a fixed number of overs, usually fifty. The Cricket World Cup is played in this format. One Day International matches are also called "Limited Overs Internationals", although this generic term may also refer to Twenty20 International matches. The international one-day game is a late twentieth-century development. The first ODI was played on 5 January 1971 between Australia and England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. When the first three days of the third Test were washed out officials decided to abandon the match and, instead, play a one-off one day game consisting of 40 eight-ball overs per side. Australia won the game by 5 wickets. In the late 1970s, Kerry Packer established the rival World Series Cricket competition, and it introduced many of the features of One Day International cricket that are now commonplace, including coloured uniforms, matches played at night under floodlights with a white ball and dark sight screens, and, for television broadcasts, multiple camera angles, effects microphones to capture sounds from the players on the pitch, and on-screen graphics. The first of the matches with coloured uniforms was the WSC Australians in wattle gold versus WSC West Indians in coral pink, played at VFL Park in Melbourne on 17 January 1979. This led not only to Kerry Packer's Channel 9 getting the TV rights to cricket in Australia but also led to players worldwide being paid to play, and becoming international professionals, no longer needing jobs outside of cricket.
Discuss this ODI abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
ODI also stands for:
- Office for Disability Issues
- Office of Defects Investigation
- Office of Defense Intelligence
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Offshore Derivative Instrument
... and 25 more »