What does BFA mean in Academic Degrees?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand BFA in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Academic Degrees terminology in particular.
Find a translation for BFA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does BFA mean?
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts is the standard undergraduate degree for students in the United States and Canada seeking a professional education in the visual or performing arts. In some countries such a degree is called a Bachelor of Creative Arts. In Great Britain the equivalent degree is the Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts. In Australia the Bachelor of Fine Arts is awarded to students completing a degree in visual and performing arts. Specific degrees such as the Bachelor of Dance or Bachelor of Drama are used by some performing arts institutions in Australia and much of Europe. In India a Fine Arts undergraduate degree is known as a BFA or BVA. It is a four-year degree. In the United States the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree differs from a Bachelor of Arts degree in that the majority of the program consists of a practical studio component, as contrasted with lecture and discussion classes. A typical BFA program in the United States consists of two-thirds study in the arts, with one-third in more general liberal arts studies. For a BA in Art, the ratio might be reversed.
Discuss this BFA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
BFA also stands for:
- Baccalauréat Franco Americain
- Bachelor of Freaking Anything
- Bachelors of Fine Art
- Bahamas Football Association
- Balloon Federation of America
... and 31 more »