What does AJA mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand AJA in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for AJA in other languages:
Select another language:
What does AJA mean?
- Aja is the sixth album by the jazz rock band Steely Dan. Originally released in 1977 on ABC Records, it became the group's best-selling album. Peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. charts and No. 5 in the United Kingdom, it was the band's first platinum album, eventually selling over 5 million copies. In July 1978, the album won the Grammy Award for Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording. In 2003, the album was ranked number 145 on Rolling Stone's "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list. It is sometimes considered a recording for audiophiles, because of its excellent production. Donald Fagen has said the title of the album comes from the name of a Korean woman who married the brother of a high-school friend of his. The cover photo by Hideki Fujii features Japanese model and actress Sayoko Yamaguchi. The album features several leading session musicians. The eight-minute-long title track features jazz-based changes and a solo by saxophonist Wayne Shorter. Aja is the subject of one of the Classic Albums, a series of documentaries about the making of famous albums.
Discuss this AJA abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
AJA also stands for:
- Advanced Juggling Articles
- Ajaccio, France
- American Journal of Archaeology
- American Of Japanese Ancestry
- Americans Of Japanese Ancestry
... and 3 more »