EOSDIS is an abbreviation for:
Find a translation for EOSDIS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does EOSDIS mean?
- The Earth Observing System Data and Information System is a key core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. It provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. These capabilities, constituting the EOSDIS Mission Operations, are managed by the Earth Science Mission Operations Project. NASA network capabilities transport the data to the science operations facilities. The remaining capabilities of EOSDIS constitute the EOSDIS Science Operations, which are managed by the Earth Science Data and Information System Project. These capabilities include: generation of higher level science data products for EOS missions; archiving and distribution of data products from EOS and other satellite missions, as well as aircraft and field measurement campaigns. The EOSDIS science operations are performed within a distributed system of many interconnected nodes with specific responsibilities for production, archiving, and distribution of Earth science data products. The distributed data centers serve a large and diverse user community by providing capabilities to search and access science data products and specialized services.
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
EOSDIS also stands for:
- Earth Observing System Data and Information System
- Earth Observing System Distributed Information System
- EOS Data and Information System
- The Earth Observing System Data And Information System
... see them all »