What does PCAP mean in Canadian?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand PCAP in the Regional field in general and in the Canadian terminology in particular.
Find a translation for PCAP in other languages:
Select another language:
What does PCAP mean?
- In the field of computer network administration, pcap consists of an application programming interface for capturing network traffic. Unix-like systems implement pcap in the libpcap library; Windows uses a port of libpcap known as WinPcap. Monitoring software may use libpcap and/or WinPcap to capture packets travelling over a network and, in newer versions, to transmit packets on a network at the link layer, as well as to get a list of network interfaces for possible use with libpcap or WinPcap. The pcap API is written in C, so other languages such as Java, .NET languages, and scripting languages generally use a wrapper; no such wrappers are provided by libpcap or WinPcap itself. C++ programs may link directly to the C API or use an object-oriented wrapper.
Discuss this PCAP abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
PCAP also stands for:
- Ethereal Ethernet Packet sniffer file
- Partnerships for Compliance Assistance Program
- Physics and Computing Advisory Panel
- Pima Community Access Program
- Politically Correct And Polite
... and 5 more »