What does IRAS mean in Electronics?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand IRAS in the Academic & Science field in general and in the Electronics terminology in particular.
Find a translation for IRAS in other languages:
Select another language:
What does IRAS mean?
- The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was the first-ever space-based observatory to perform a survey of the entire sky at infrared wavelengths. Launched on January 25, 1983, its mission lasted ten months. The telescope was a joint project of the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Over 250,000 infrared sources were observed at 12, 25, 60, and 100 micrometer wavelengths.
Discuss this IRAS abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
IRAS also stands for:
- Implementation Of Readac Automated Systems
- Infra Red Astronomical Satellite
- infrared reflection absorption spectroscopy
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
... see them all »