What does OSI mean in Unclassified?
This page is about the meanings of the acronym/abbreviation/shorthand OSI in the Miscellaneous field in general and in the Unclassified terminology in particular.
Find a translation for OSI in other languages:
Select another language:
What does OSI mean?
- OSI is an American progressive rock band, originally formed by Fates Warning guitarist Jim Matheos in 2002. Chroma Key keyboardist and vocalist Kevin Moore is the only other full-time member of the band. The collaboration may be considered a studio project, as its members and contributors write and track most of their material independently, sharing and developing tracks long-distance, only coming together at the end of the process for mixing and additional tracking. The band's name is a reference to the Office of Strategic Influence, a short-lived American government agency formed in 2001 to support the War on Terror through propaganda. The band has featured a number of guest musicians on its albums, including Steven Wilson, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Sean Malone, Joey Vera and Gavin Harrison. Matheos recruited Moore and Dream Theater's then-drummer Mike Portnoy to perform on what was originally planned to be a Matheos solo album. Matheos and Portnoy originally planned to produce a progressive metal album similar in style to Matheos' work in Fates Warning. Moore changed the music's direction, incorporating electronica into the original progressive metal sound. The band's debut album was released by InsideOut Music in 2003.
Discuss this OSI abbreviation with the community:
Use the citation below to add this abbreviation to your bibliography:
OSI also stands for:
- διασύνδεση ανοικτών συστηάτων
- A Organization For Standards Institute
- Office Of Scientific Information
- Office Of Special Investigation
- Office of Special Investigations
... and 24 more »